Do you have a book you would like reviewed? That's great, I love to read and review. These are my general guidelines, but I am willing to hear from anybody, so please don't hesitate to drop me a line if you are happy to work with my restrictions.
As a minimum time I would ask for 2 weeks for a standard length novel, but depending on length I may request longer. I will read a book of any length.
Genres I prefer to read:
I read pretty much anything, but in order my favourite genres are
- Science fiction
- Biographies of overcoming adversity
- Historical (including romance, but do me a favour and have the characters realise there's a world out of bed!)
- Horror (I'd prefer any zombie, vampire, or whatever-the-current-fad is books have a twist to them, not mindless killing or seducing young girls who want to fawn over main characters)
Please note if this is not the first book in the series I am unlikely to read it on its own unless it is a stand alone. If you are willing to offer copies of all past books, with the knowledge that I may or may not review these, please state that in your email
How to contact me:
If you are still interested please drop me a line at lauraoflurkingreads(at)hotmail.co.uk and include:
1. details of any writing history (have you published before, do you have any social media sites, please include links, a bit about what you enjoy to write, where you hope to go and your intended audience)
2. Blurb of the book you want reviewed (if this is not the first in the series include links to site such as amazon or goodreads with blurbs of the entire series),
3. State if this is prerelease and intended release date. If yes do you only want a review if it can be completed before release.
4. Length in amazon kindle location of wordcount format.
5. A small excerpt of your writing (approx 500 words) in the body of the email.
I will endeavour to get back to you within 48 hours, public holidays not included. This may be to ask for another excerpt from a different type of scene or more details.
Note that due to health issues this may sometimes take longer but if this is the case I will aim to notify you.
I look forward to hearing from you